Groups & Brackets Tutorial
Soccer tournament participants and spectators are usually most interested
in specific divisions and age groups.
For example, a U10 Boys coach/player/parent will be more interested in the U10B
games than the rest of the tournament, while a list of all the games at
his or her field is useful to a field marshall, compared to a complete
The navigation bar is used to filter the overall schedule to different subsets.
Clicking on different parts will show single divisions, e.g., U10B, U12G,
genders (all Boys or Girls games), or all games at a particular venue.
The layout of the navigation bar will vary depending on the tournament.
The gender/age divisions are color coded,
so matches within the schedule have the same color
as the associated link in the nav bar.
- The first example includes links to all Boys games, all Girl's games;
all U10G, U13G, U15G, Women's high school,
U10B, U12B, and men's high school games, all games at the Main gym,
and all games at the Annex gym. It's also possible to see all boys or all
girls games are a specific gym.
- The second example is similar, with fewer age/gender divisions, and three venues,
Courts 1, 2, and 3.
- The third example has three girls divisions and 4 boys divisions, and 15 different
fields. Short names are used here, but clicking on one the the location links will bring
up a schedule which has a longer, more descriptive name in the location field for each game.
- The fourth example has one girls divisione and two boys divisions, and 8 venues.
It uses a different style sheet so the venues appear as yellow letters on a blue background
- The last example covers a single division so the only navigation links select specific venues.
Because there's a single division, the bracket and group sections are included on the page.